Marshall Fire: We know that many of our students, faculty and staff have been affected by the Marshall Fire, and the University of Colorado will do everything we can to provide support. Please visit your campus page for immediate resources.
Providing High-Quality Customer Service
Customer service principles apply to all CU employees, as we are all serving the needs of others. Whether or not you consider yourself to be in a traditional customer service role, your work affects students, employees or the CU community. Take a minute to consider who you are impacting and who your customer is.
LinkedIn Learning provides a continuum of courses and videos for individuals who want to work with customers as effectively as possible. In these resources, you will find more information about the following topics:
- Connecting with customers and building rapport
- Enhancing likability
- Actively listening to customers to determine needs
- Managing and communicating expectations
- Defusing angry customers
- Closing the conversation on a positive note
To improve your customer service skills, you can find the following resources through the Skillsoft and LinkedIn Learning links in the CU portal:
- LinkedIn Learning: Customer Service Foundations
- LinkedIn Learning: Innovative Customer Service Techniques
- Skillsoft Book: Be Our Guest: Perfecting the Art of Customer Service
- Skillsoft Book: Ten Steps to Successful Customer Service
You can find information on accessing and using LinkedIn Learning and Skillsoft at the following links: