Global PEO Main Banner
Fulfilling CU's mission
CU Global Employment expands compliant hiring practices across the globe, enhancing the university’s diverse workforce and global reach.
What is a CU Global Employee?
A CU Global Employee is any employee whose work site is located outside of the United States or its territories, regardless of citizenship and residency.
Why a PEO?
CU is not a global employer, which limits its ability to hire employees outside of the United States or its territories. A professional employer organization, or PEO, partners with the university in the hiring of CU Global Employees.
Who is Global PEO Services (GPS)?
GPS is a legal hiring entity in 170+ countries, partnering with CU to provide human resources, payroll processing, employer tax filing, health insurance and more for employees working outside the United States or its territories. Learn more about GPS.
What is the difference between a CU International Employee and a CU Global Employee?
CU International Employees
- Resident or nonresident alien working inside the United States or its territories
- Subject to U.S. taxation, labor and employement laws
- Compliance resource: International Tax
CU Global Employee
- Any employee working outside the United States or its territories
- Subject to taxation, labor and employment laws in the country in which they are working
- Compliance resource: Global PEO Services