Active employees: Adjust your W-4 in the portal
At the start of each year, check your W-4 and make any needed alterations to allowances, tax status and more.
Follow these steps to view and adjust yours:
- Log into my.cu.edu.
- Select the CU Resources tab. (CU System employees will skip this step.)
- Select the CU Resources Home dropdown menu at the top, then select My Info and Pay.
- Click the W-4 tile. The form contains personal information, so you must verify your identity to access it.
Checkup on your paycheck
Prevent an unexpected bill or penalty during tax season: Ensure the right amount of tax is withheld from your pay with the IRS Withholding Calculator.
To get started: Gather your most recent paystubs, income tax return and W-2s. If your personal circumstances change during the year, revisit the calculator to ensure withholdings are still correct.
Forms and guides
Get some help viewing and changing your W-4 online.
The University of Colorado withholds state taxes from the state in which you perform work. Make sure your withholdings are correct by submitting your state’s W-4.
Add or cancel Colorado tax withholding
To request a whole dollar amount to be withheld in addition to the amount of withholding based on your marital status and withholding allowances claimed on your W-4, you have two options:
- Request this change for your federal taxes.
- Request, edit or cancel a whole dollar amount of Colorado state taxes to be withheld.