Are your federal income tax withholdings correct? Quickly, easily verify or adjust your W-4 in the portal to ensure it.

Active employees: Adjust your W-4 in the portal

At the start of each year, check your W-4 and make any needed alterations to allowances, tax status and more.

Follow these steps to view and adjust yours: 

  1. Log into
  2. Select the CU Resources tab. (CU System employees will skip this step.) 
  3. Select the CU Resources Home dropdown menu at the top left, then select My Info and Pay.
  4. Click the W-4 tile. The form contains personal information, so you must verify your identity to access it. 

Checkup on your paycheck

Prevent an unexpected bill or penalty during tax season: Ensure the right amount of tax is withheld from your pay with the IRS Tax Estimator.

To get started: Gather your most recent paystubs, income tax return and W-2s. If your personal circumstances change during the year, revisit the calculator to ensure withholdings are still correct.

 Use with the IRS Tax Estimator.

Forms and guides

W-4 instructions

Get some help viewing and changing your W-4 online.

 View instructions 

State W-4s

The University of Colorado withholds state taxes from the state in which you perform work. Make sure your withholdings are correct by submitting your state’s W-4. 

 Find your state’s W-4 

Add or cancel Colorado tax withholding

To request a whole dollar amount to be withheld in addition to the amount of withholding based on your marital status and withholding allowances claimed on your W-4, you have two options:

  • Request this change for your federal taxes.
  • Request, edit or cancel a whole dollar amount of Colorado state taxes to be withheld.

 Submit the form