Welcome to CU! Get familiar with your comprehensive CU benefits package, and sign up for the following plans during Open Enrollment, from April 19 to May 7.
To get started, review courses and guides on the Payroll & Benefits Orientation page.
Click on a tile to learn more about your benefits
Some highlights of CU Health Plan – Exclusive:
- Preventative carePreventative Care - MedicalA routine health care check-up that will include tests or exams, flu and routine shots, and patient counseling to prevent or discover illness, disease or other health problems. All recommended preventive services would be covered as required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and applicable state law. is fully covered: no deductibleDeductibleAn amount that you are required to pay before the plan will begin to reimburse for covered services., no copayCopayment (copay)A fixed-dollar amount that you must pay out of your pocket at the time of service to a provider or a facility for a specific health covered service. Copays do not apply to the deductible requirement. For example, an office visit may have a copay of $30 under the Exclusive Plan and $40 under the Extended. You must pay the amount at the time of service.. Zero. Zip. Zilch.
- Emergencies are never planned. That's why all urgentUrgent CareCare for an illness, injury or condition serious enough that a reasonable person would seek care right away, but not so severe as to require emergency room care and emergency careEmergency CareA medical or behavioral health condition that must be treated at the emergency department of a hospital due to an illness, injury, symptom or condition severe enough to risk serious danger to your health (or, with respect to a pregnant woman, the health of her unborn child) if you didn’t get medical attention. See where and when to get care. is covered (copaysCopayment (copay)A fixed-dollar amount that you must pay out of your pocket at the time of service to a provider or a facility for a specific health covered service. Copays do not apply to the deductible requirement. For example, an office visit may have a copay of $30 under the Exclusive Plan and $40 under the Extended. You must pay the amount at the time of service. may apply), both in and outside the U.S. Decide where you should go to receive care here.
- Affordable prescription drug prices from CVS Caremark.
- Mental health services are covered in-network (copays will apply). Find in-network providers.
CU Health Plan — Essential Dental plan offers extensive coverage with affordable deductiblesDeductibleAn amount that you are required to pay before the plan will begin to reimburse for covered services. and coinsurance paymentsCoinsuranceThe portion of expenses that you have to pay for certain covered services, calculated as a percentage. For example, if the coinsurance rate is 20%, then you are responsible for paying 20% of the bill, and the insurance company will pay 80%. :
- 100% preventative care coverage
- Four yearly cleanings (regular and periodontal) and two oral exams
- Two fluoride treatments (age 17 and under)
- Right Start 4 Kids Program: Kids, ages 0-12, who are enrolled receive 100% coverage, excluding orthodontic services.Orthodontic CoverageA treatment that aligns a person’s teeth, which may include the use of braces.
We understand that life can change quickly. Please contact the Employee Services Benefits office at 303-860-4200, option 3 or email email@example.com for information on permissible changes to your benefits following a qualified life event. Don't wait, most changes must be made within 30 days of the event!