Schedule an appointment with an International Tax specialist
All new international CU employees are required to meet with an international tax specialist to identify their tax status, complete proper tax forms, facilitate any available tax treaty benefits and clarify any tax filing responsibilities.
To prepare for your meeting:
- Bring your passport, I-94 and immigration documents. A Social Security Number (SSN) is not required.
- Plan to review your entire history of presence in the U.S.
Guides and resources
- International Tax Guide: New Hire Guide
- International Tax Guide: Nonresident Alien (NRA) for U.S. Tax Purposes
- International Tax Guide: Resident Alien (RA) for U.S. Tax Purposes
- International Tax Guide: Tax Information for International Scholarship and Fellowship (Stipend) Recipients
- Social Security Number Verification and Use
Request an access code for
Glacier Tax Prep
To assist with U.S. tax filing obligations, nonresident alien students and employees who are sponsored by CU can use Glacier Tax Prep (GTP) software. This online tool can help you navigate the U.S.’s complex system and helps ensure all tax information and requirements are correct for an accurate federal tax return.
Federal tax resources
- Filing income tax forms FAQ
- Form 1042-S
- Form 8233
- Form 8843 resource guide
- 2021 International Student Tax Workshops
Colorado tax resources