Marshall Fire: We know that many of our students, faculty and staff have been affected by the Marshall Fire, and the University of Colorado will do everything we can to provide support. Please visit your campus page for immediate resources.
State classified employees are part of the Colorado Personnel System, and subject to both Colorado and CU employment guidelines, rules, regulations and policies.
These employees must submit monthly leave records showing exception time, including all leave usage. Non-exempt employees must report specific hours worked (i.e., time in and out). CU has multiple options for documenting hours worked and exception time; please verify with your department how it records time and follow that procedure.
Both the employee and his/her supervisor must sign the leave record verifying the accuracy of leave usage and balances.
For specific immigration issues, please contact the appropriate campus international student and scholar office:
For I-9 information, please contact the appropriate campus human resources office.
Handbooks, Guides & Other Documents
- State Employee Handbook
- Resources for HCM Users
- Payroll Production Calendars
- Payroll Adjustments
- CU Resources (in the employee portal)
My Leave Step-by-Step Guides
CU has multiple options for documenting hours worked and exception time. You must verify with your department how it records hours/time and follow that procedure.
- My Leave - Setting your Preferences, Tracking Time and Requesting Leave
- My Leave - Selecting Earnings Codes
- Four-campus search
- Department of Labor
- Board of Regents
- Social Security Administration
- Internal Revenue Service
- Procurement Service Center—Contact the PSC for travel and business expense reimbursements reported as taxable income.
- Colorado Department of Personnel and Administration
- Social Security Application
- Department of Personnel Rules and Procedures
- Colorado PERA—"Working After Retirement"
Payroll Forms for Classified Staff
EMPLOYEE WORK RECORD
EXPENSES & DEDUCTIONS
Direct Deposit Authorization: To access, log in to the employee portal.