Moving Expenses Worksheets

Last updated: 2018


As a result of recent U.S. tax law changes, most CU documents, reports and forms related to pre-move house-hunting taxable expenses and taxable moving expenses are currently under review by university officials. We will add these forms back to our website once they have been vetted and approved. 

Starting Jan. 1, 2018, most moving expenses are now taxable.

If you have moving expenses that cross over 2017 an 2018, here are a new general guidelines:

  • Qualified moving expense reimbursements PAID to employees in 2017 were nontaxable
  • Moving expenses PAID to employees in 2018 are taxable, except for members of the Armed Forces on active duty required to move pursuant to a military order
  • Employees who have unreimbursed moving expenses in 2017 may be able to claim it on their 2017 tax return

For additional assistance, contact your payroll liaison or campus HR office. You may also call the Employee Services payroll service center at 303-860-4200, option 2. We will capture your question, and respond when official procedures have been established.

Please do not submit this form to Employee Services. 

Download this form below