Wrap up 2023 by completing important year-end tasks ahead of tax season
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, soon to be followed by a less wonderful time of year – tax season.
You can take key steps now to make tax season go more smoothly. Namely, make sure your personal information and pay are accurate to ensure your W-2 and/or 1042-S forms are correct and will be mailed to your correct address on time.
Complete these important tasks for a successful year-end:
- Review and update your mailing address through the employee portal before Dec. 15 to ensure you receive your W-2 and/or 1042-S forms at the end of the tax year.
- Verify your Social Security number.
- Review and update your demographic information.
- Review your paycheck every pay day.
- Review your W-4 and double-check your tax withholdings with the IRS Withholding Estimator. (Reminder for international employees: You should not make changes to your W-4 without first consulting an international tax specialist.)
Visit our year-end reminders webpage for instructions on completing these tasks in the employee portal.
While you’re reviewing your information, please take a moment to review and resubmit your demographic information — such as ethnic group, disability status, veteran status and more. This information is voluntary, but having accurate data helps the university to better understand its large and varied workforce and track our diversity and inclusion goals.