CU’s Parental Leave Policy change brings new HCM processes, features
The University of Colorado’s Parental Leave Policy has recently changed, adding paid parental leave for some employees. Along with this change comes new Job Action codes, Job Action Reason codes and adjustments to the processes of entering parental leave in HCM, My Leave and CU Time.
New processes and system features
Prior to making entries into HCM for University Staff and 12-month Faculty, use your campus specific parental leave request form. Work with your HR office if you need additional guidance.
The parental leave policy for 9-month Faculty and Classified Staff remains unchanged, which means there are no process changes for this population.
Updated system features
New Job Action and Job Action Reason codes have been added to the Leave of Absence ePAR as a way to indicate whether an employee is taking paid or unpaid parental leave:
- For paid leave, use Job Action Paid Leave of Absence (PLA) and Job Action Reason Parental Leave (PRL).
- For unpaid leave, use Job Action Leave of Absence (LOA) and Job Action Reason Parental Leave (PRL).
Job Action Reason and earnings codes are effective Dec. 31, 2017, to capture any additional campus policies that may have since been put in place.
Entering Earnings Codes in My Leave and CU Time
When entering Earnings Codes in My Leave, ensure you’re using the PPL (Paid Parental Leave) code.
If you do not use My Leave, the file you send to CU Time must have the same code.
For information about specific processes your campus follows, please contact your HR office or visit their website:
- Visit the CU Boulder HR website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus HR website or email HR.ParentalLeave@ucdenver.edu
- Visit the UCCS HR website or email email@example.com
- Visit the System HR website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to learn more, please review the following policy, guide and job aid:
- Parental Leave for Faculty and University Staff Policy
- Step-by-step guide: Putting an Employee on Leave
- Job aid: HCM Parental Leave
For additional resources, visit the Leave of Absence section of the HCM website.