Some positions may require additional work outside a traditional 9 to 5 schedule or their specified job duties. Employees Services offers outlined procedures, pay terms and HCM codes for employees who may be compensated under certain circumstances.
Overtime eligible employees will receive a shift differential when they fall into the specific categories listed below:
- Weekend shift differential of 20% shall be paid for all hours worked when more than half of the scheduled shift hours fall on a weekend shift that starts at 4 p.m. Friday evening through 6 a.m. Monday.
- The second shift differential of 7.5% shall be paid for all hours worked when half or more of the scheduled work hours fall between 4 p.m. and 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Third shift differential of 14% shall be paid for all hours worked when half or more of the scheduled work hours fall between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Holiday shift premium of 50%
- Any overtime eligible classified staff who is required to work on a holiday (due to business needs stipulated by departmental leadership) may now choose one of the following be paid time and a half their base salary hourly rate or move their holiday to use at a different date.
- All other employees required to work on a holiday may move their holiday to be used at a different date.
|Shift Category||Shift Code||Description||Shift Premium|
|Weekend Shift||3HW||Weekend Shift Pay - Salaried||20%|
|3SW||Weekend Shift Pay - Hourly||20% + Base|
|3OW||Weekend Shift Pay - Overtime||20% + Base + Over|
|Second Shift||SHF||Second Shift - Salaried||7.5%|
|SHH||Second Shift - Hourly||7.5% + Base|
|SHT||Second Shift - Overtime||7.5% + Base + Overtime|
|Third Shift||3SS||Third Shift - Salaried||14%|
|3SH||Third Shift - Hourly||14% + Base|
|3ST||Third Shift - Overtime||14% + Base + Overtime|
|Holiday Shift||2HW||Holiday Shift Pay - Salaried||50%|
|2SW||Holiday Shift Pay - Hourly||50% + Base|
|2OW||Holiday Shift Pay - Overtime||50% + Base + Overtime|
Review procedures concerning shift differentials.
CU provides on-call compensation for non-exempt employees in eligible job codes. These positions are for employees specifically assigned to be accessible outside of working hours and restricted in movement.
Non-exempt employees in eligible job codes will receive the following:
- The time employees are on-call will be paid $5 per hour.
- When an employee is called in, they receive their regular rate of pay or overtime pay, whichever applies, for hours worked or 2 hours pay, whichever is more.
- Once an employee is called into work, such time will be considered work time and will be counted towards the 2 hours.
Review Employee Services’ procedural statement for pay rates while on-call, how to track time within My Leave and earnings codes within HCM.
Classified staff who provide translation services are provided additional, non-base building pay under the COWINS Partnership Agreement.
Translation Pay rates are:
- $50 per month if translation is less than 25% of work time.
- $100 per month if translation is between 25% and 50% of work time.
- $150 per month if translation is greater than 50% of work time.
Review Employee Services’ procedural statement for additional guidance when to provide translational pay and recording policies.