Establishing position descriptions for CU’s faculty and staff is important for posting clear hiring requirements and for maintaining clear benchmarks for performance reviews and promotion opportunities.
There are two main tools to keep at-hand when constructing a job description:
1. Job Code HCM query
The HCM Query CUES_HCM_JOB_CODE_CRSWLK is available to provide more information than is available on the Job Description page and includes active job codes with job family, and pay group and employee class crosswalk data.
To access this query, users should:
- Log into the employee portal.
- Open the CU Resources dropdown menu and click Business Tools.
- Select the HCM tile and choose HCM Community Users from the drop-down menu.
- Click the HCM WorkCenter tile.
- Select the Resources tab and from the list of top queries, select the link “Click here for all” and choose the CUES_HCM_JOB_CODE_CRSWLK query form the complete list.
2. Benefit Eligibility Matrix
For a complete job description, it’s important to know what employee benefits apply to a given job code. This is especially important as a requirement of Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Use the Benefits Eligibility Matrix to align your chosen job code with the available position benefits.
The state of Colorado has its own job classifications which will be applicable to Classified Staff. See a full list of state classified job class descriptions on the Department of Personnel and Administration's website.
See each Fiscal Year's (FY) Annual Compensation Plan on the Department of Personnel and Administration’s page, Annual Compensation Plans & Reports.