Walk through upcoming ePAR upgrade, then see how to prepare
On Feb. 13, the Separation ePAR will transition to the Template-Based Transaction (TBT) framework to and give users access to functions and features that streamline business processes, help minimize the effects of vendor updates on systems and operations, and keep CU in compliance with Oracle.
Group terminations and termination business processes remain largely unchanged, and Payroll Personnel Liaisons and Transaction Approvers will experience no changes to their processes.
- The SmartERP Separations form will no longer be visible.
- Instead of using the SmartERP form, users will click the Transaction Launch Page tile found under HCM Community Users in the employee portal.
- Users will use the Transaction Launch Page to initiate a Termination transaction and search for the person being terminated (search criteria remains the same). A new value, Termination, will be available in the required Search Option field. Termination can be selected from the dropdown list.
- Once a Termination transaction is entered, it will be routed for approval according to campus-specific policies.
Walk through the updates
Enter the criteria to find the employee who will be terminated, then choose the Termination option. Ensure you select the correct record to terminate. The record number is visible on the Transaction Launch Page after you search for the employee.
Click the images to enlarge them
Enter an effective date (this is the first day the employee will no longer be employed) and select a reason for termination.
Add comments and submit the transaction for approval.
Start preparing for the upgrade
To ensure you are ready to use the new template, follow the steps below:
- Clear your cache and turn off your popup blocker.
- Complete the HCM Termination Demo and Practice exercise in Skillsoft.
- Review the Terminating an Employee step-by-step guide.
- Ensure all termination transactions are entered and approved before Feb. 6. If a termination needs to be entered between Feb. 7 and Feb. 13, please work with your campus Human Resources office.
If you have questions or concerns, please call Employee Services at 303-860-4200, option 2, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.