Give your employees a long runway ahead of leave sweeps with these steps
Each year, hundreds of employees risk losing vacation leave hours in excess of CU’s carryover limits. To help your employees schedule time off ahead of the June 30 deadline, HCM users are encouraged to review and adjust leave balances in the spring.
Providing accurate leave balances early in the year empowers employees to know exactly how many hours they need to take and provides advance notice to their supervisors and teams so departments continue to run smoothly.
Review employee leave usage and reconcile balances with these queries:
- Leave Accrual Summary (CUES_HCM_LEAVE_ACCRUAL_SUM): This query reflects the Summary tab within the CU Leave Accrual Summary page.
- Leave Accrual Detail (CUES_HCM_LEAVE_ACCRUAL_DTL): This query pulls information from the CU Leave Accrual Summary page’s Detail tab for individual employees.
- Leave Taken (CUES_HCM_LEAVE_TAKEN): This query provides leave hours that have been processed by payroll, for the ability to compare third-party/off-line timekeeping entries with uploads.
- My Leave Calendar View (CUES_HCM_MY_LEAVE_CALENDAR): This query returns detailed information about My Leave requests shown on the calendar view, excluding holidays, for the ability to compare and determine if all calendar events are reflected in the HCM Leave Accrual balance.
- Leave Sweep Estimate (CUES_HCM_LEAVE_SWEEP_EST): This query identifies employees who may have excess leave hours based on current accrual rates remaining in the current fiscal year. To calculate an estimate of hours that may be swept, leave hours still to be taken in the current FY should be deducted from the Vac Estimated FYE Balance displayed on this query.
How to access the queries
- Log into the employee portal.
- Open the CU Resources Home dropdown menu and click Business Tools.
- Select the HCM tile and choose HCM Community Users from the drop-down menu.
- Click the HCM WorkCenter tile.
- Choose the Resources tab.
Need a refresher on running queries? Instructions are available.
Step-by-step guides, job aids and resources are available on the HCM Community Website.