While the majority of Employee Services staff will work remotely to do our part to reduce community spread of the COVID-19 virus, our services will continue without interruption. We're dedicated to providing excellent service to every CU employee and every HCM user. You can still reach us by phone or email. If you have questions or need assistance, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-860-4200, option 2.
CU Funding Entry 'Apply to Next Fiscal Year' feature enabled
The CU Funding Entry page now features the Apply to Next Fiscal Year checkbox, which allows funding created in one fiscal year to continue into the next. It is available through July 16.
A new department budget table (DBT) is required for each new position, each time a position changes department and each time the fiscal year changes (created by the Department Budget Table roll forward mass update).
Use the CU Funding Entry page’s Apply to Next Fiscal Year checkbox (available between May and the last pay period of the fiscal year) when:
- The new effective date is earlier than July 1.
- The same funding should continue beyond July 1.
The entry will create a funding row effective before July 1. The Apply to Next Fiscal Year will create a DBT effective 7/1 for new fiscal year or update an existing row, so the same funding may continue into the new fiscal year.
Tips and tricks:
- The last biweekly pay period, from June 28 to July 11, crosses fiscal years. To update funding for this pay period, use the Apply To Next Fiscal Year checkbox to add two rows – one effective June 28 and one effective July 1 – to fund the entire pay period.
- For existing active positions, a DBT with a 7/1 row must be created before subsequent rows may be added.
- Do not use Apply To Next Fiscal Year for funding entries with an effective date of July 1, 2020 or later. It will create a new July row in the next fiscal year (i.e., July 1, 2021).
- After July 16, if funding is required in the previous (FY20) and new fiscal year (FY21) and the feature is disabled, create two CU Funding Entries: one for the previous fiscal year, and a separate CU Funding Entry effective 7/1 for the new fiscal year.