Follow these steps to ensure you receive your 2019 tax documents in a timely manner
Year-end is just around the corner. Follow these three steps to ensure your Social Security Number, addresses and paychecks are correct. This will help ensure you receive an error–free W-2, allowing you to file taxes without delay.
1: Validate and update your addresses
You should have a mailing and home address on file. Important documents, such as W-2s, are sent to the mailing address in the portal so it must be correct. Follow these steps to validate and update them:
- Log into the portal, select My Info and Pay from the drop-down menu, and choose the My Info tile.
- Review your mailing and home addresses.
- If they are not correct, you can update them by clicking on the Home Address and Mailing Address boxes.
- A fillable screen will populate, allowing you to update your information and save it.
2: Verify your Social Security Number
The next step is to confirm your Social Security Number is correct. Incorrect numbers will affect W-2s, potentially causing issues with the IRS. Check your number by:
- Selecting Additional Information under the My Info tile.
- Additional authentication will be requested. Once authorized, you will be able to access the Additional Information window to view the Social Security Number on file.
- If your number is incorrect, contact your Human Resources department immediately.
3: Check your pay advice every payday
Checking your pay advice after receiving your pay ensures your earnings are correct. This lessens the likelihood of having to make corrections to your W-2, which can cause delays when filing taxes. Access your Pay Advice by:
- Logging into the portal.
- Under the My Info and Pay drop-down menu, select the Paychecks tile.
4: Sign up for Digital Delivery
When you sign up for digital delivery, your Form 1095-C and/or the following notices will be delivered via email and stored in your campus portal, rather than sent to you by mail:
- University of Colorado Health and Welfare Plan’s Notice of Privacy Practices
- Summary Annual Report for the University of Colorado Health and Welfare Plan and Trust
To get started:
- Log into the portal.
- Select My info and Pay from drop-down menu at the top, center of the page.
- Click the Digital Delivery Options tile. Additional authentication will be requested. Once authorized, you can proceed.
- After reading the agreement for your selection(s), click Consent radio button and Submit.
Looking for more information? Visit our website to learn more about important dates and additional year-end information.