Review fiscal year funding best practices, reminders and resources to prepare for fiscal year-end
Fiscal year-end is coming this summer. Ensure your year-end tasks go smoothly by reviewing best practices, reminders and resources.
Ongoing monthly funding
Update funding and job data for monthly payroll by the 10th of each month to ensure accuracy, including this year's April payroll funding.
Review important reminders to ensure succesful payrolls:
- Look for end dates that are subject to the grant optimization process.
- Projects in pre-spending and open status may be used for new funding entries, but projects in ended and reporting status are not available. Projects in reporting status during a pay period will go to suspense.
- Projects in pre-spending, open and ended statuses are available for Payroll Expense Transfers (PETs). Projects in reporting status are not allowed.
- Only projects require end dates. As the fiscal year rollover nears, consider removing end dates from non-sponsored funding before the fiscal year.
Start planning for fiscal year-end
Be sure to continue clearing suspense SpeedTypes and review the payroll budget to avoid last minute PETs in June and July. Use the HCM Funding Distribution query (CUES_HCM_FUNDING_DISTRIBUTION) to identify current funding.
Follow these steps to access the query:
- Log into the employee portal.
- Open the CU Resources dropdown menu and click Business Tools.
- Select the HCM tile and choose HCM Community Users from the drop-down menu.
- Click the HCM WorkCenter tile.
- Select the Resources tab and click Funding Distribution.