Plan ahead for fiscal year pay changes and the Department Budget Table rollovers
As we move closer to the fourth quarter and plan ahead for 2020-21, HCM resources can help with budgeting the merit pay increases and that current funding is correct for the fiscal year funding rollover.
Please note: The new fiscal year and merit increased both go into effect July 1.
Run queries ahead of rollover
Plan for your new fiscal year funding entry changes and prepare for merit increases and budget changes with the following queries:
- Personnel Roster (CUES_HCM_PERSONNEL_ROSTER) – Confirm that current FLSA status and standard hours and compensation are accurate
- Salary Upload Budget Data Report (CUES_HCM_SALARY_UPLOAD_BUDGET) – The query will list salary amounts by rate codes (BASEM, BASSUP, etc.)
- Funding Distribution (CUES_HCM_FUNDING_DISTRIBUTION) – Check SpeedType and Project status, and funding and project end dates. If funding is not project based, consider removing any funding end dates of 6/30/2020 if funding will continue into the next fiscal year.
Use the following steps to access the queries:
- Log into the employee portal.
- Open the CU Resources Home dropdown menu and click Business Tools.
- Select the HCM tile and choose HCM Community Users from the drop-down menu.
- Click the HCM WorkCenter tile.
- Choose the Resources tab and locate the appropriate query.
Attend an upcoming webinar
To learn more about the Department Budget and the Fiscal Year Rollover process, attend an upcoming webinar on 3-4 p.m. March 17. This webinar looks at how the department budget table (DBT) stores and applies campus rules for position funding by department and fiscal year. We’ll review the earnings, taxes and deductions tabs and campus specific differences. We’ll discuss the fiscal-year rollover process and deadlines.