Employee Services will be closed on Tuesday, April 4 for a staff event.
We will reopen at 8 a.m. Wednesday, April 5.
Know how to tackle contracts with irregular start or end dates
Sometimes, contracts end mid-month and a new contract begins during the same month. Avoid confusing paycheck calculations by following these best practices for mid-month contract changes.
- Contract Details are associated with a Record Number in Job Data, not necessarily a position. All contract pay in the month will post using the last position data in job data on the payroll end date.
- For example, if a contract ends mid-month, and a new mid-month entry is made on the same job record, payroll will not use the position data active at the time of the mid-month end date for the prior contract. Instead, all contract pay during that period will post using the last position data listed in job data for that pay period.
- This affects the FIN fringe rates as well. FIN applies fringe rates to CU Boulder and UCCS SpeedTypes using the account codes associated with earnings. The fringe rate cannot be differentiated for the prior contract in the same pay period. The account codes that post for contract pay reflect the last position data listed in job data for the entire pay period.
- If an employee will be rehired to a new contract mid-pay period, use a different Record Number to rehire the employee.
- Remember: Funding distributions apply using the effective date of the funding and position in job data as of that effective date.
Need extra help?
You can find contract resources on the HCM Contracts page.
As always, you can email email@example.com or System.HRGL.Team@cu.edu for additional help.
To access the HCM queries mentioned above:
- Log into the employee portal.
- Open the CU Resources dropdown menu and click Business Tools.
- Select the HCM tile and choose HCM Community Users from the drop-down menu.
- Click the HCM WorkCenter tile.
- Select the Resources tab and click the query you desire.
Add new comment