Get a jump on fiscal year-end tasks by reviewing funding best practices, reports and further resources
Spring is a great time to review current funding against current year budgets ahead of the rush to fiscal-year end on June 30th.
Ongoing monthly funding
Update funding and job data for monthly payroll by the 10th of each month to ensure paycheck accuracy.
Use the HCM Funding Distribution query (CUES_HCM_FUNDING_DISTRIBUTION) to identify current funding. Download the query to Excel to easily filter for expired funding or project end dates.
Grants with project end dates need special consideration. Consider these important funding reminders to ensure successful payrolls:
- Look for funding end dates that expire soon, and before they expire, add new funding rows.
- Projects in pre-spending and open status may be used for new funding entries, but projects in ended and reporting status are not available and will cause payroll to go to suspense if not updated.
- Projects in pre-spending, open and ended statuses are available for Payroll Expense Transfers (PETs). Projects in reporting status are not available for PET.
- Only projects require end dates. As the fiscal year rollover nears, consider removing end dates from non-sponsored funding before the fiscal year-end.
Use the Payroll Register Acct Detail query (CUES_HCM_PAYROLL_REGISTER_DTL) to review how the paycheck was funded after payroll is processed. Download the query results to Excel to easily filter for suspense SpeedTypes.
Clearing suspense SpeedTypes early and quickly avoids last minute PETs in June and July.
Follow these steps for a full listing of available queries in HCM, including the queries listed above:
- Log into the employee portal.
- Open the CU Resources dropdown menu and click Business Tools.
- Select the HCM tile and choose HCM Community Users from the drop-down menu.
- Click the HCM WorkCenter tile.
- Select the Resources tab and click the query you desire.