ePAR to upgrade on Feb. 13
On Feb. 13, ePAR Separations will transition to the Template-Based Transaction (TBT) framework in HCM.
Why is this change coming?
Transitioning SmartERP transactions to the TBT framework remains a high priority for the University of Colorado because it helps minimize the effects of vendor updates on systems and operations, keeps CU in compliance with Oracle for support, and gives users access to functions and features that streamline business processes.
What's changing and what's staying the same?
1. The SmartERP Separations form will no longer be visible to HCM users.
2. Instead of using the SmartERP form, users must click the Transaction Launch Page tile found under HCM Community Users in the employee portal.
3. Users will use the Transaction Launch Page to initiate a Termination transaction. They will search for the person being terminated (search criteria remains the same). A new value Termination will be available in the required Search Option field. Users will need to select Termination from the dropdown list.
4. Once a Termination transaction is entered, it will be routed for approval according to campus-specific policies.
Stays the same
1. Termination business process remains largely unchanged.
2. Payroll Personnel Liaisons and Transaction Approvers will not experience changes to their processes.
3. Group terminations will remain the same.
Preview the change
What are the benefits of this upgrade?
Users will experience the following benefits:
- Faster transaction times.
- Streamlined navigation and data entry for the Termination business process that will make it consistent with the Hire, Rehire, Additional Job and Transfer business processes.
More information is coming soon
More information will be released soon. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Employee Services.