Data purge of candidate systems begins in July
To comply with the Colorado Privacy Law that went into effect Sept. 1, 2018, data submitted prior to January 2016 to candidate systems Taleo, HireRight, HireVue and SkillSurvey will be deleted beginning in July.
To view your campus record retention policy, click here.
What will be deleted?
The following personal identifiable information will be deleted:
- Personal details (name, date of birth, gender, marital status, number of children and name(s))
- Personal contact details (place of residence including home address, home telephone or mobile number, email addresses and passwords)
- Professional contact details (work phone number, email and physical address)
- Government identification (National ID, passport details, Social Security Number and driver’s license)
- Employee ID
- Resume (employment and educational history), cover letter and reference information
- Offer and compensation
- Results from background checks, employment verifications, reference checks and interviews
- Customer or Candidate ID
- Customer account information
Use our resources to prepare
To prepare for this data purge, please begin reviewing all requisitions in Taleo to ensure they have been filled or canceled, and that candidates have been properly dispositioned. In addition, ensure you review candidate information and download necessary files, if needed.
To help you through this process, use the following audit reports in Taleo OBI (located in the Audits folder):
- Draft Audit
- On Hold Audit
- Posted Req Audit
For additional assistance, review the Opening and Running Reports and Exporting Reports sections in the Working with Reports in CU Careers step-by-step guide.