Check off these crucial 2022 HRGL fiscal year-end tasks
Fiscal year 2023 (FY23) begins on July 1. Ensure that this year’s payroll (and effort) is allocated correctly before the close of fiscal year 2022.
Ensure June funding is correct before the payroll deadlines
Use HCM WorkCenter Resources to run crucial queries like the Funding Distribution query or Position Funding query to confirm funding is active and accurate.
Tip: Only grants and contracts require end dates. Consider removing funding end dates from SpeedTypes that are not funded by a project.
Prevent June funding from going to suspense by updating expired funding before payroll. Find expired funding quickly using the Funding Suspense Current Row query.
Once paychecks have processed, confirm pay and funding
Run the Payroll Register with Accounting Detail query to confirm posted funding aligns with effort. Find suspense by using an Excel filter for the suspense SpeedType.
Report overpayments as quickly as possible and correct underpayments in the next off-cycle.
Clear suspense and align effort
Create a Payroll Expense Transfer (PET) to align funding or clear suspense.
- Identify payroll that went to suspense or requires different funding distribution/effort reporting.
- Create a Payroll Expense Transfer (PET) to transfer the payroll to the appropriate SpeedTypes to capture the effort correctly. For instructions, see the Payroll Expense Transfers step-by-step guide.
- Complete FY22 PETs by July 13 to post to FY22.
- When a PET redistributes grant-funded payroll, it updates ePERS as well. This means that previously certified ePERS effort must be recertified.
Approve FY22 PETs to post in the current fiscal year
Fully approve FY22 PETs by the 2nd close deadline Wednesday, July 13 @ 6 pm to post to FY22.
Note: Employees must recertify ePERS after a PET with grant funding.
Confirm collected overpayments post by Fiscal Year End
Full or partial overpayment amounts collected by June 30th will post in the same fiscal year. Remaining amounts will be credited when collected, or during the next fiscal or calendar year-end cycle – whichever comes first.
Need extra help?
To access the HCM queries mentioned above:
- Log into the employee portal.
- Open the CU Resources dropdown menu and click Business Tools.
- Select the HCM tile and choose HCM Community Users from the drop-down menu.
- Click the HCM WorkCenter tile.
- Select the Resources tab and click the query you desire.
You can find additional HRGL resources below: