Marshall Fire: We know that many of our students, faculty and staff have been affected by the Marshall Fire, and the University of Colorado will do everything we can to provide support. Please visit your campus page for immediate resources.
See how Employee Services works to support CU's faculty, staff and students
Employee Services likes to say, “You’re all about CU. We’re all about you.” The department’s first Impact Report illustrates the ways it works to make the University of Colorado’s workforce strong, healthy and secure through a wide range of services.
The report details this University of Colorado System Administration department’s efforts to create a positive impact on the lives of CU’s faculty, staff, students and their families. Readers may even discover new programs and services they didn’t know were available to them.
"We are incredibly focused on making CU an excellent, supportive place to work. This report illustrates the dedicated work our team completes to meet each employee’s needs," said Felicity O'Herron, chief human resources officer at CU System.
Just how does Employee Services support faculty, staff and students? Here are a few examples:
- 55,843 employees, spouses and families were covered by a CU-offered medical plan
- $2.2 billion dollars in gross pay was processed
- More than $145 million was contributed to CU 401(a) retirement accounts
- 14,096 credit hours were waived for CU employees and dependents
- 74,906 CU custom courses were taken in Skillsoft and access to LinkedIn Learning expanded to all CU students
- New parents spent 96,160 an additional hours with their new children, thanks to paid parental leave
- 1,074 new international employees received guidance from an international tax specialist
The report also provides an overview of major projects and accomplishments from the last fiscal year, including the implementation of a new paid parental leave policy, lowered retirement plan fees, new ways to educate employees about their benefits, software upgrades and much more.
Read the Employee Services Impact Report to find out more and get a preview of what’s coming this fiscal year.