Embarking on a journey toward a healthier lifestyle this year?
Devoted to challenging and conquering chronic disease,
Omada uses behavioral and data science to empower participants to reach their health goals. Merging science, technology, education and community, the innovative program is designed to help build a healthy and sustainable lifestyle – one small habit at a time.
The Omada program produces results. Eleven peer-reviewed studies demonstrate the effectiveness of the program.
What does the program provide?
The program provides tools, resources and smart technology at no out-of-pocket cost, including:
- On-demand access to your personal professional health coach
- A wireless scale pre-synced to a password protected account
- An individualized interactive health curriculum
- A peer group, made up of other participants, for motivation and encouragement
- A daily personalized action list to help you reach your personal goals
Who is eligible?
Anyone! But if you are at risk for type 2 diabetes or heart disease—or if you have type 2 diabetes—and you’re a CU Health Plan member, the Omada program is available to you at no cost.
The CU Health Plan's Omada offering recently released a new program specifically tailored for people with type 2 diabetes who are not currently taking insulin.
Omada also recently relaxed requirements for program acceptance, so even if you have applied in the past, we encourage you to reapply. Take control of your health and begin your journey by completing this 1-minute risk screening.