eComm Specialist Digest | January 24, 2023
- Cvent Paid Event Changes
- DO NOT APPROVE paid or fundraising events with special characters in the title — including grammatically-correct hyphens. Paid and fundraising events with special characters are causing sweeping payment processing errors that are difficult and time-consuming to reconcile for both team members and constituents.
- Cvent recently rolled out a feature to "allow partial payments," but we never want to enable it. Collecting credit card information to process part of the payment now and the other portion at a later time doesn't align with CU's approach to protecting cardholders and it should not be enabled under any circumstances. Use the checklist to approve paid/fundraising events to ensure this setting (and many others) are correctly configured.
- Cvent Opportunities: Register for Cvent Connect (July 24-27) or get certified for FREE:
- Extremely High Open Rates: We were notified of anomalies in open rates for two sends that occurred last week. Both recurring sends typically average a 35% open rate, whereas last week, they jumped to over 90%. We didn't identify any impacts to other communications and submitted a ticket to Marketing Cloud to troubleshoot these two outliers.
- Congrats! Join us in celebrating our colleagues' recent accomplishments at UCCS. Eric Nissen was promoted to Director of Marketing. Kayla Gronseth Boyer was recognized as the employee of the quarter and completed the Cvent Virtual Event Certification - woohoo!
- Jan. 26, 2-3 PM | Quarterly MEC Meeting Agenda
- By Jan. 31 | Review eComm User Fee Estimate for FY24: Campus teams received an announcement on Dec. 7 estimating the FY24 eComm user fee. For the team to continue finalizing the data, please assess your campus' ongoing license needs and report back to Jen Mortensen by Jan. 31. We request that you provide estimates for both growth in and reduction of your campus license volume.
- IER Storage and Big Objects: Daniella Torres is exploring Salesforce big objects as a storage alternative for IERs.
- POI Integration: Daniella Torres is continuing to work with the UIS integration team on capturing POI data in Salesforce. Prior to new data being in production, we will provide clarity on impacts to existing reports, how to modify based on your needs, and more.
- Contacts without Email Addresses: Jen Mortensen and Daniella Torres are exploring opportunities to reduce storage costs related to contacts without email addresses. We'll update the campuses at our first quarterly meeting of CY23 (Jan. 26, 2-3 PM).
- Business Unit Management: The team is conducting a full assessment of eComm business units and identifying opportunities for an improved structure. We'll have an update for the campuses at our first quarterly meeting of CY23 (Jan. 26, 2-3 PM).
- Email Preferences: Daniella Torres and Claire Hamilton are continuing to resolve the 70+ preferences identified as missing from Marketing Cloud subscription pages (resulting in CAN-SPAM violations).
- Distributed Marketing: Distributed Marketing has been deployed in our stage environment, and five licenses are currently being acquired to continue exploring the solution. We'll have more information about a rollout plan at our first quarterly meeting of CY23 (Jan. 26, 2-3 PM).
- Email Preferences: Claire Hamilton has been researching preference center options and is finalizing options for the team to consider. We'll have more information about strategy and proposed models soon.
- Event Management: Jen Mortensen and a small team of MECs have been reviewing several event management vendors to potentially support our free events after July 1. The team is assessing options and will have opportunities for MEC review in February.
- Einstein: If you'd like to have Einstein enabled in a specific business unit, add details to the Request Einstein spreadsheet by submitting a help ticket and selecting "Marketing Cloud >> Einstein" (no need to actually submit the ticket).
- Journey Builder: Learn about using Journey Builder by submitting a help ticket and selecting "Marketing Cloud >> Journey Builder, Dynamic Content or Automation Studio" (no need to actually submit the ticket).
- Dynamic Content: If you'd like to work with Melanie Jones on a Dynamic Content use case, add details to the Dynamic Content spreadsheet by submitting a help ticket and selecting "Marketing Cloud >> Journey Builder, Dynamic Content or Automation Studio".
- Cvent Super User Enablement: Five users responded to the opportunity to become a Cvent Super User in Nov. We are continuing to monitor their success and will expand the group in Feb. based on any lessons learned. Super Users can do the following without an eComm specialist:
- Approve & Launch Free Events
- Publish Reports to Portal and add Portal Users
- Add Event Planner Email Addresses
- Cvent Paid Events (no special characters in paid events, even grammatically correct ones)
- Do Not 'Allow Partial Payments'
- Managing Campaign Members for Users (including adding new Contacts)
- Measuring Email Marketing Effectiveness
- Audience Creation (chart added with step 1-2-3 for Campaigns, Reports and Data Extensions)