Salesforce is at the heart of eComm, but it would be nothing without other systems across CU.
eComm's constituents are comprised of data from multiple systems (listed below). Master Data Management (MDM) aggregates these details on one record then passes it to Salesforce for use.
- Advance | Donors, Friends & Alumni Updates
- Campus Solutions | Academic & Enrollment Details
- Human Capital Management (HCM) | CU Employment Details
- Identity Management (IDM) | Campus-level Affiliations
- eComm Specialist | Contacts that do not exist in one of the above data systems can be created directly in Salesforce by an eComm specialist
Once a contact is created in Salesforce, there's a few ways to update that information:
- Marketing Cloud | Populate Email Sends & Individual Email Results (IERs)
- Marketing Cloud and Salesforce have a bi-directional integration. That way a Marketing Cloud email can distribute to a targetted audience created in Salesforce.
- Cvent | Update Event Participation, certain Subscriptions and New Contacts
- eComm Specialists | Update a Consituent's Email Preferences
- Constituent's can adjust their own Email Preferences by receiving an email and selecting 'Manage My Preferences' in the footer
- Advance, Campus Solutions & HCM | Update Constituent's First Name, Last Name, or Email