If you have questions about the recent Anthem data breach, please visit anthemfacts.com for the most up-to-date information. The University of Colorado will continue to work with Anthem to provide you timely information related to the breach and resources to protect your personal information.
Ask staff to update phone numbers before upgrade
More than 17,500 University of Colorado faculty and staff already have verified their phone numbers using the pop-up window in the CU Resources area of my.cu.edu. The university would like business partners to ask remaining employees to update their information as soon as possible.
Later this summer, the university will roll out Duo Security’s multi-factor authentication tool, which will greatly increase the security of personal information by requiring two layers of authentication before granting access.
In the coming weeks and months, the university will provide information how to use new authentication tools for business partners and employees. The goal is to provide business partners with the necessary information to answer questions about this new system.
Ask faculty and staff to update phone numbers
Multi-factor authentication’s success and usefulness hinges on keeping up-to-date phone numbers in the portal. If your staff and coworkers haven’t validated their phone numbers using the pop-up window, please ask them to take the following steps:
- Select your campus portal at my.cu.edu and log in.
- Go to the CU Resources area. A pop-up alert window will ask you to verify your phone information.
- Is your information correct? Check the box next to the statement, “This information has been validated and is up to date.”
- Is your information incorrect? Click the “Update My Information” link and enter the correct phone numbers.
- What if you didn't see a pop-up window? First, make sure you’re in the CU Resources area. From there, select “Employee Profile” from the “Personal Information” menu and verify your phone number(s) and/or update phone numbers, as necessary. Home, cellular, campus 1 and campus 2 phone types will be available for use with the new security tool.
- Once you’ve updated your information, you're all set.
Find out more
Get the latest information on this project at www.cu.edu/es/it-takes-two.