MEC Weekly Digest | December 7, 2020
CAN-SPAM Quiz Due by December 11
- Reminder: Please complete the new CAN-SPAM quiz to verify your knowledge and identify any gaps by Friday, December 11. Thanks to Claire Hamilton, Tom Needy, and Eric Nissen who have already passed the quiz.
December Login Audit
- Update: Jen Mortensen will be completing the last login audit for December today and should have results posted in Chatter tomorrow morning.
- Action: To reduce the MEC review necessary under the current process, we're proposing a change to the wording of the notification email. Rather than MECs reviewing users who haven't logged in for six months, we would like to ask the users to login if they need to keep their license. Please share your feedback in Chatter by Friday, December 11.
- Current text: Per the eComm user agreement, you will be deprovisioned at the end of the month.
- New text: Per the eComm user agreement, you will be deprovisioned. If you need to keep your license, please login before the last business day of the month.
Email Preference Requests Due by December 15
- Reminder: Submit your requests for email preference and business unit work for Q1 of CY21 using the submission spreadsheet by December 15. The spreadsheet has been reformatted with new columns and examples to increase clarity. Please contact Jen Mortensen if you have any questions.
Upcoming Cvent Report and Portal Training
- Reminder: Cvent will be sunsetting legacy reports and parked report groups on December 15. At this time, you'll be unable to create/save legacy reports. Previously saved legacy reports will be available to run, although they can't be modified and saved. As a replacement, the Report will need to be re-created within the 'new' Reporting feature. Follow these instructions to make Cvent Reports accessible to stakeholders via the portal (for free).
- Upcoming Training: Melanie Jones has scheduled reports and portals training on the dates below. She'll be sending a communication to Cvent users this week.
- Wednesday, Dec. 9, 3 - 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 16, 10 - 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 14, 11 - 11:30 a.m.
SSL Certificate Update
- Update: The COE is continuing to make progress on procuring and configuring the SSL certificates needed based on a recent update in Chrome. We should have more information on an implementation timeline soon.