How-To Manage Reports in the Portals
One of the eComm specialist’s roles in Cvent includes managing how stakeholders can access Cvent data in real-time, without a steep cost. Follow the steps below to create Portal Users and Publish Reports there for easy access.
STEP 1 | Add User(s) to Portal
For someone to access reports via the portal, they will need to be a Portal User (a free license). eComm specialists can follow the next steps to create new Portal Users or check if they already exist.
- Admin >> Hover the Access Portal tab >> Select Access Portals >> Click the University of Colorado Cvent Portal name
- Click the Guests tab >> Select the green Add Guests button in the top-right
- Select the blue Create Portal User button in the top-right.
- Check the box next to the User(s) you want to add to the Portal
- Next, select the green Next button in the top-right
- An invite is automatically sent when added so they can create their own password. Once a passwrod is set, they will be an Active Portal User (meaning you can complete step 3 - granting them access to a specific Report).
- Provide Email, First Name and Last Name >> Scroll to select the Save button
STEP 2 | Create Report
Create Event or Cross-Event Report and Save Report per naming convention
- Naming Convention: 0X_DEPT_Event Name_Report Description
- where X indicates your campus number
STEP 3 | Publish to Portal
- After saving and running the Report, hover Actions in the top-right
- Click Publish to Access Portal
- Keep Default Visible to: Some Users
- NEVER share a Report with all users
- Notify users they can view this content: It depends
- Yes if newly added Portal Users should get a notice via Cvent (see email screenshot to right where green indicates fields that will populate automatically)
- No if you want to notify the person differently
- Change filter dropdown to: Access Portal User
- Check the box next to the correct individuals
- *If you do not see a portal user here, it means they are not active, yet. You might need to re-trigger the invite so they can set their PW (once set, they are an active Portal User and can be selected).
- Click the green Publish button at the bottom of the page
- Cvent Reporting
- 'New' Reporting & Portals vs. Legacy Reports & Parked Report Groups
- Cvent Portals (make Cvent reports accessible to others for free)
- How-To Manage Reports in the Portal (eComm specialists)
- How to update existing Portal Report access (eComm specialists)