The eComm team is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, yet we remain committed to serving our users and ensuring success for both ongoing communications and event management. We encourage you to contact your eComm specialist if you require assistance. You can also take advantage of numerous online resources in the eComm wiki or submit a help ticket if you have a specific request.
Subscribers and Subscriber Status
NOTE Parts of the tasks below require the assistance of your eComm Specialist.
Marketing Cloud subscribers can have multiple statuses that aren't viewable in Salesforce. Each of these can impact their ability to receive communications - even transactional ones. If one of your contacts is not receiving emails as expected, Marketing Cloud subscriber status might be to blame.
Viewing a Marketing Cloud Subscriber
1. To view a subscriber's status in Marketing Cloud, navigate to the parent business unit (University of Colorado System Enterprise Org). Once there, click the Subscribers menu and then select All Subscribers.
2. On the All Subscribers screen, click Search. You'll have two options by which to search for a subscriber: email address or subscriber key (Salesforce Contact 18 ID). We recommend searching by Subscriber Key.
3. When your results appear, you should see one subscriber associated with the subscriber key that you used to search.
The subscriber status in Marketing Cloud is indicated by the shirt color of the icon to the left of the subscriber's email address (a green shirt in the example above). The available statuses in Marketing Cloud are as follows:
- Green shirt: able to receive emails with no issues
- Yellow shirt: unable to receive emails due to bounced sends
- Red shirt: unable to receive emails due to an unsubscribe
- Gray shirt: deactivated due to repeated bounces
Changing Subscriber Status
If you need to change the status of a Marketing Cloud subscriber, submit a TaskRay to the System team.