The eComm team is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, yet we remain committed to serving our users and ensuring success for both ongoing communications and event management. We encourage you to contact your eComm specialist if you require assistance. You can also take advantage of numerous online resources in the eComm wiki or submit a help ticket if you have a specific request.
Creating Sender Profiles
A sender profile specifies the from information that display's in the recipient's inbox and drives where a message will be sent if they click 'reply'. The sender profile is made up of three different items. In this example we will use CU Connections, a weekly newsletter ditributed to CU employees.
- Sender Profile | CU Connections <firstname.lastname@example.org>
NOTE Only eComm Specialists can create and modify Marketing Cloud sender profiles. If you need a sender profile added to your account, contact your eComm Specialist.
1. To begin creating a new sender profile (or to modify an existing one), navigate to the appropriate Business Unit, enter Email Studio, and then click Admin - Sender Profiles.
2. Click New to create a new sender profile, or click the name of an existing profile to modify it.
3. Configure your sender profile as follows:
- Enter a sender profile name with the email address included to make distinguishing between similar names easier for your users (example: CU Connections (email@example.com))
- Enter a sender profile description (example: Send from UCCS College of Business)
- Select "Use the specified information"
- Enter a From Name (example: CU Connections)
- Enter a From Email (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE You'll notice in the screen shot above that next to the From Email text box, there is a button that reads Verified. This means that the email address you entered is a sendable profile because it is already part of one of CU's verified sending domains: cu.edu, colorado.edu, ucdenver.edu, cuanschutz.edu, uccs.edu, or cufund.org. If you are creating a sender profile for a non-CU domain, read these instructions to verify your sender profile.
Custom Reply Mail Management Settings
- Select "Use custom settings below"
- Select "use specified information"
- Enter a Name (required) (Example: CU Connections)
- Enter an Address (required) (Example: email@example.com)
4. Click Save.