Creating Sender Profiles
A sender profile specifies the from information that display's in the recipient's inbox and drives where a message will be sent if they click 'reply'. The sender profile is made up of three different items. In this example we will use CU Connections, a weekly newsletter ditributed to CU employees.
- Sender Profile | CU Connections <firstname.lastname@example.org>
NOTE Only eComm Specialists can create and modify Marketing Cloud sender profiles. If you need a sender profile added to your account, contact your eComm Specialist.
1. To begin creating a new sender profile (or to modify an existing one), navigate to the appropriate Business Unit, enter Email Studio, and then click Admin - Sender Profiles.
2. Click New to create a new sender profile, or click the name of an existing profile to modify it.
3. Configure your sender profile as follows:
- Enter a sender profile name with the email address included to make distinguishing between similar names easier for your users (example: CU Connections (email@example.com))
- Enter a sender profile description (example: Send from UCCS College of Business)
- Select "Use the specified information"
- Enter a From Name (example: CU Connections)
- Enter a From Email (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE You'll notice in the screen shot above that next to the From Email text box, there is a button that reads Verified. This means that the email address you entered is a sendable profile because it is already part of one of CU's verified sending domains: cu.edu, colorado.edu, ucdenver.edu, cuanschutz.edu, uccs.edu, or cufund.org. If you are creating a sender profile for a non-CU domain, read these instructions to verify your sender profile.
Custom Reply Mail Management Settings
- Select "Use custom settings below"
- Select "use specified information"
- Enter a Name (required) (Example: CU Connections)
- Enter an Address (required) (Example: email@example.com)
4. Click Save.