MEC Weekly Digest | Sept. 13, 2022
Items for MEC Action
- Last Login Audit (by Sept. 16): If you have feedback on your users that appear on the last login spreadsheet (Sept. 2022 tab), please indicate as such in columns E and F by Friday, Sept. 16. Jen Mortensen will be sending user notifications on Sept. 19.
- Q4 Business Unit and Email Preference Requests (by Sept. 16): We are now accepting business unit and email requests for Q4. Please submit your requests on the Q4 tabs of the CY22 spreadsheet no later than Sept. 16.
- Event Management Requirements Review (by Sept. 23): Jen Mortensen has completed a draft of eComm's event management requirements in preparation for an RFP. Please review and share your feedback/additions by Sept. 23.
- Data Extension Automation Pilot (open deadline): If you would like to explore automating data extensions on your campus to remove the need for users to import before sends, please contact Jen Mortensen.
- Dynamic Content Pilot (open deadline): If you are interested in participating in a Dynamic Content pilot based on recently synchronized Salesforce objects, please contact Melanie Jones.
- Journey Builder Pilot (open deadline): If you or any of your super users are interested in piloting Journey Builder, please submit a help ticket and select Journey Builder Pilot from the dropdown menu. Requests will be addressed in the order they are received.
- Einstein Pilot (open deadline): If you'd like to enable Einstein in your business unit as we begin exploring options for this functionality, please contact Jen Mortensen.
Cvent Payment/Refund Processing
- Update: August reconciliation is complete, and the payment/refund processing issues we experienced in July have subsided. CU Treasury is working to process the July transactions this week; Jen Mortensen will be standing by to respond to inquiries from constituents should they occur. We are continuing to work with Cvent, Authorize.net, and Wells Fargo to identify the source of the original problem.
- Outstanding Refunds: There are a batch of refunds that cannot be processed in the batch of transactions referenced above. Jen Mortensen is working to contact event planner so that they can issue refunds by check. She will copy the MECs on that outreach.
Preferred Name Rollout
- Update: Preferred name rollout occurred yesterday. If you have any questions about using the new fields, please contact Jen Mortensen. Wiki resources are available below.
Other Completed and Pending Work
- Preferred name rollout
- IN PROGRESS
- Additional Synchronization: Claire Hamilton will be working to assess and synchronize additional objects with Marketing Cloud, such as the education object, and possibly others depending on use cases.
- Bounced Email Address Management: Jen Mortensen is reviewing work related to bounce management.
- Distributed Marketing: The CRM team is working on CPI development for handling multiple email addresses.
- Page Layout Cleanup: Daniella Torres is working to clean up the page layout for our Salesforce objects. You should start to see improvements regarding both field location and removal of fields that we do no use/need. We'll keep you informed of any major changes.
- POI Data: Daniella Torres is working with the integrations team regarding assessment and next steps for integration of POI data.