The eComm team is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, yet we remain committed to serving our users and ensuring success for both ongoing communications and event management. We encourage you to contact your eComm specialist if you require assistance. You can also take advantage of numerous online resources in the eComm wiki or submit a help ticket if you have a specific request.
MEC Weekly Digest | June 29, 2020
eComm User and License Management Policy
- Update: Thanks to everyone for your participation in the review of the new eComm User and License Management Policy.
- Action: Please submit any final comments to Jen Mortensen by July 1.
- Update: We will be rolling out both campus and business unit-level dashboards to users in the July eComm newsletter (scheduled for 7/10).
- Documentation: Melanie Jones has started work on documentation in a wiki titled Salesforce Dashboards. The team will continue editing content as the email send date approaches.
- MEC Training: You'll recieve a calendar invite soon for this optional MEC session. The goal is to ensure you are comfortable with the new Dashboard format in preparation for users' questions.
- Monday, July 20, 1-1:30 p.m.
- User Training: Users are encouraged to attend one of three virtual trainings. The first invite will distribute on 7/10 with reminders scheduled as needed. If unable to attend, a recording will be made available.
- Wednesday, July 22, 2:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 24, 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 28, 2:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- Action: Please review the dashboards for your campus and contact Melanie Jones if you see any errors or missing business units. Please remember that in order to keep the dashboards scalable, we will not be adding additional components at this time.
New User Notification System
- Update: As mentioned during the June 25 MEC meeting, we will be launching a new eComm user notification system via Chatter groups beginning with an announcement in the July 10 eComm newsletter.
- eComm users will be added to up to four different chatter groups depending on their access: All eComm Users, Salesforce Users, Marketing Cloud Users, or Cvent Users. These groups will be reserved for urgent notifications only, such as those regarding outages. Group members will automatically receive an email when we post an announcement.
- Daniella Torres will begin adding group members on Monday, July 13 and we will continue to update group membership with each provisioning cycle.
New Cost Page on eComm Website
- Update: Based on our ongoing conversations with Jill Ibeck, Jen Mortensen added a new cost page to the eComm website. When combined with the document "Why eComm?" we hope that this will help address user questions regarding eComm's cost and benefit.
- We are continuing to work on documentation regarding the billing cycle based on feedback from the campuses. We will post more information soon.
Confirmed-Admitted Student Reporting
- Issue: Jen Mortensen and Daniella Torres have identified a data issue related to confirmed-admitted students. The way in which we are able to report on these individuals is problematic because the confirmed/admitted affiliation is often not removed as an affiliation even when a student or employee affiliation is added.
- Impact: When excluding confirmed/admitted students from communications, a large number of active employees and active students are also inadvertently excluded due to the multiple affiliation types.
- Workaround: Daniella Torres is working to identify a solution to this issue and will be discussing it with the COE and UIS next week.
Cvent Flex | Available Features
- Update: Optional Quantity Items are now available in Flex. This feature was a requirement for some users to migrate so we will notify all Cvent users in the next newsletter.
- Outstanding: Tracks are the last 'requirement' for migrating and are not yet available. That release is planned for delivery during the second half of 2020.
- Update: Melanie Jones and Jen Mortensen are working with Lisa Carr on a Dashcord pilot as a possible Cvent alternative. We've met with the vendor and received promising answers to our questions in terms in comparability to Cvent. Additionally, Georgia Tech successfully transitioned from Cvent to Dashcord, so we are hoping to speak with them about their experiences.
Subscription Pages Pilot
- Update: Jessica Raab, Amber Bartlett, and Jen Mortensen are working with Nonie Roberts on an alternative to Cvent subscription forms that would be housed in Marketing Cloud. We've currently identified requirements and will keep you informed as work progresses.