MEC Weekly Digest | April 20, 2020
Upcoming Team Meetings
- April MEC Meeting, Thursday, April 23, 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.: Jill Ibeck will be joining us to continue our discussion around FY21 license costs and opportunities in the future. An agenda is included in your calendar invite. Note: we were originally planning to discuss the service agreement and governance, but those topics have been postponed to a later date.
Sender Profile Verification Update
- Issue: As mentioned in the April 6 digest, sender profile verification was enabled in our account with the March 2020 Marketing Cloud release.
- Update for CU Domains: Thanks to Nonie Roberts, we were able to successfully complete domain verification for all email addresses associated with cu.edu, colorado.edu, ucdenver.edu, cuanschutz.edu, uccs.edu, and cufund.org.
- Documentation for Non-CU Domains: If you are creating a sender profile associated with a non-CU domain, or if you need to verify an existing one, you can follow the instructions provided in Verifying Sender Profiles. The Creating Sender Profiles wiki has been updated to reflect new domain-based information as well.
Unique Count Now Available in Salesforce Reports
- Salesforce has rolled out the ability to show unique counts in a report. When editing a report, click the dropdown arrow and select "Show Unique Count" on the column you want to deduplicate. After running the report, you'll see the usual total count as well as a unique count. No more exporting reports to dedupe in Excel!
- Update: We have promising news to report regarding the Advance - Salesforce integration. Daniella Torres and Jen Mortensen met with team members from Advancement, the COE, and UIS, and have been able to determine that with only a few identifiable exceptions, email addresses are flowing from Advance to Salesforce as expected. We'll continue to monitor this situation and keep you informed.
- Update: We have notified our active users of their outdated Skillsoft courses with the instructions to complete them by Monday, April 27th to retain their license.
- Next Steps: Reminders will be sent this week. Melanie Jones will follow up with the eComm specialists individually as the 27th approaches regarding users who have yet to take action. We'll need to de-provision those who are not in compliance.