MEC Weekly Digest | August 30, 2021
- Action: Please have your Sept. provisioning requests submitted and approved by EOD, Aug., 31. New users will have credentials available on Friday, Sept. 3rd.
Q4 Business Unit and Email Preference Requests
- Action: Please submit your Q4 business unit and email preference requests by Friday, Sept. 17 using the Q4 tabs of the tracking spreadsheet.
- Jen Mortensen will review requests during the week of Sept. 20 and will submit them to the COE on Sept. 27 so work can begin as soon as possible after Oct. 1.
View in Browser Language
- Update: in the June 29 digest, we mentioned that we were unable to edit the Marketing Cloud header language to be accessible. However, our colleagues at DevsUnited were able to solve this problem, and Melanie Jones applied the change to all business units.
- What does this mean? In the default email header, the next will now be linked and read "View in Browser" rather than "To view this email as a webpage, go here."
- Action: If you are aware of users who are using the "view email URL" tag in their email content, please be aware that the destination links will be different. Feel free to contact Jen Mortensen if you have any questions or concerns.
Cvent New Experience Rollout: Fall 2021
- New: We've recently learned that Cvent's optional 'New Experience' will be a required change come late fall. Our success manager is confirming the final cutover day (Nov./Dec.), and we are working to update internal documentation accordingly. We will communicate details with MECs and users and offer live training sessions as the cutover date approaches. Additional details will be available soon.
Multifactor Authentication (MFA) Rollout: Jan. 2022
- Update: The COE has slated work for Marketing Cloud MFA at the end of Q4. While we had planned to roll out MFA sooner, we've elected to wait until early January 2022 given the Cvent new experience transition (see above). We're working with the COE team on authentication options and additional research and will develop a communication plan accordingly. More information will be available soon.
POI Data Update
- Update: Several of you have reached out over the past few months re: the possibility of integrating POI data with Salesforce. While this issue presents some possible data quality issues, we are continuing to investigate our options with the COE team. We appreciate your patience and will keep you informed as conversations progress.