eComm and the CU Data Center Move (Oct. 6 to Oct. 10)
Do not send any Marketing Cloud communications during the CU Data Center move taking place from 12 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6 to 8 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 10. While possible, sending during this time will likely result in fragmented delivery which cannot be troubleshot or resolved until after the window. Please direct any questions to your campus eComm specialist.
eComm will experience a partial service disruption during the University Information Services (UIS) CU Data Center move. During this outage, emails should not be sent or scheduled to be delivered (if possible).
- Marketing Cloud: Users can log in to Marketing Cloud but are limited to creating/editing content. If you must send an email between 12 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6 to 8 a.m Monday, Oct. 10th, please read the FAQ below to understand the impacts.
- Salesforce: Ping Federate SSO will also be impacted, so Salesforce will not be available to users.
- Cvent: Cvent will operate as normal and is unaffected.
We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause and appreciate your understanding as UIS works toward improving its data center infrastructure. Thank you for your cooperation.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Send or schedule Marketing Cloud emails to be delivered before or after the disruption window (if possible).
- Be mindful of the additional time that may be needed if requesting new audiences. eComm Specialists are also unable to log in to Salesforce during this time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I send an email during this window?
- If you must, you can send emails during this window. There will be a delay in the data refresh, meaning the last time source systems updated eComm's Salesforce data was overnight Thursday (10/5). Thus, there may be some audience inaccuracies although none that would result in CAN-SPAM violations. If you can hold off on sending messages until later in the week, that is preferred.