Creating a Dashboard
NOTE This task requires assistance from your eComm Specialist.
Dashboards are an amazing Salesforce tool. They present your unit-specific data in an easily-digestible format that is perfect for sharing a summary of your success with other team members or campus leadership.
Here's an example of the dashboard that appears on the Salesforce homepage:
While only eComm Specialists can create dashboards, there are several questions you can ask yourself before meeting with them that can help enable your success:
What am I trying to measure? What question or questions am I trying to answer?
- Some examples of dashboard components that might fall into your answers are below.
- What's my average open rate this year?
- How do different audiences (alumni, employees, students, etc.) engage with my content?
- Which audience engages with my content the most?
- What days do we most often send messages?
- Are our open and click rates improving over time?
- Are a lot of contacts unsubscribing from my communications?
When you're ready to start talking about a dashboard for your unit, contact your eComm Specialist.
NOTE FOR ECOMM SPECIALISTS If you need assistance creating dashboards for your units, contact Melanie Jones to get started.