Eligible employees may receive nine (9) waived credits for eligible courses at any CU campus.

Tuition Assistance Benefit highlights for 
  • You must be eligible for benefits. This means you must meet all of the following criteria:
    • Work in a regular, non-temporary position.
    • Work 20 hours or more per week (a 50% or greater appointment).
    • Be in an eligible job code. In most instances, if you are eligible for medical benefits, you are eligible for Tuition Assistance.
  • Credits are counted from the fall semester through the following summer.
    • Credits can be used in one semester or throughout the academic year.
    • Unused credits do not carry over.
  • Employees may take undergraduate or graduate courses, if space is available.
  • Employees cannot split the Tuition Assistance Benefit with their dependent in the same academic year. You must choose who will use the benefit for the academic year. Whoever uses the benefit first in the academic year is designated as the recipient for the entirety of the academic year.
  • Employees cannot split the Tuition Assistance Benefit between two different CU campuses in the same semester. However, employees can utilize the Tuition Assistance Benefit at a different CU campus each semester.
  • Employees must wait to enroll until the first day of the course or they will be deemed ineligible for the benefit for the semester.
  • Course exclusions: audits, study abroad, Continuing Education, Extended Studies, the mini-MBA, the Executive MBA program, the One-Year MBA program and CU Boulder's Part-Time Evening MBA program.
  • For CU Anschutz, only Public Health, Nursing and Graduate School courses are eligible (except PUBH 6606, BIOS 6990, CBHS 6990, EHOH 6990, EPID 6990, HSMP 6990, PMHW 6990, and PUBH 6991).
  • The employee is responsible for student fees, and fees vary by campus.
  • The tuition assistance may be subject to taxation and may affect financial aid.
  • For Colorado residents, each undergraduate student must apply for the College Opportunity Fund (COF) and pay the difference if COF is exhausted. Residents attending CU Boulder must also authorize the COF. Check your campus page for all deadlines.