While the majority of Employee Services staff will work remotely until April 16 to do our part to reduce community spread of the COVID-19 virus, our services will continue without interruption. We're dedicated to providing excellent service to every CU employee and every HCM user. You can still reach us by phone or email. If you have questions or need assistance, reach out at 303-860-4200, option 2, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terminations are now a Template Based Transaction
The Separation ePAR has moved to the Template-Based Transaction (TBT) framework. This transition minimizes the impact of vendor updates, streamlines business processes and keeps CU in compliance with Oracle. This update is familiar to users who have completed processes for Hires, Rehire, Additional Jobs and Transfers.
Group terminations and termination business procedures remain relatively unchanged, and Payroll Personnel Liaisons and Transaction Approvers see no changes to their processes.
What has changed?
- The SmartERP Separations form is no longer available
- Select the Transaction Launch page tile found under HCM Community Users in the employee portal rather than the SmartERP form.
- Within the Transaction Launch page, search for the person being terminated (search criteria remains the same). A new value, Termination, must be selected from the dropdown list in the required Search Option field.
- Note: When performing a termination, the search results are limited to your campus' employees. Other templates for rehiring and associating additional jobs will continue to display employees fro across CU who meet the search criteria entered.
Before you enter a termination in the new framework:
- Clear you cache and turn off your pop-up blocker.
- Complete the HCM Termination Demo and Practice exercise in Skillsoft.
- Review the Terminating an Employee step-by-step guide.
- Walk through the updates in the HCM Community blog.
Still have questions? Reach out to an HCM professional at 303-860-4200, option 2, or email email@example.com.