Marshall Fire: We know that many of our students, faculty and staff have been affected by the Marshall Fire, and the University of Colorado will do everything we can to provide support. Please visit your campus page for immediate resources.
- All eligible retirees who were enrolled at the time of their retirement are eligible to continue enrollment in Retiree Basic Term Life Insurance. This plan must be elected at the time of retirement. If you waive the plan, this decision is permanent. You cannot re-enroll later.
- Coverage: This plan provides $3,000 of coverage. The plan does not include an accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) benefit. See the Group Life Insurance policy.
- Rates: The premiumPremiumThe monthly cost to participate in the plan. Typically, it is shared between the employee and the employer. Premiums are deducted from your monthly paycheck. is paid by the university if you are eligible for full/normal retirement. It will be pro-rated if you are eligible for early retirement.
- Beneficiaries:Beneficiary (ies)A person or an organization you name to receive death benefits. A beneficiary does not need to be a legal dependent. At the time of enrollment, you will be asked to designate your beneficiary. A beneficiary means a person you name to receive benefits in the event of your death. You may name one or more beneficiaries. If you name two or more, they will share equally, unless you designate unequal shares using percentages. You may name anyone as a beneficiary, meaning your beneficiary does not need to be a legal dependent. You may also name an organization in place of a person.
- ClaimClaimA written request such as a reimbursement of a health care expense made by you or your health care provider to the plan administrator whether is medical, dental, vision or a flexible spending account. Assistance: To file a claim, please call Employee Services at 303-860-4200, option 3, and speak to a benefits professional.