International Tax Overview


CU's international tax specialists provide guidance to international employees and university departments about taxation responsibilities and the legality of salary/independent personal services/honoraria payments under the Internal Revenue Code, Section 1441.

This team also works with the international offices on each campus to ensure compliance with immigration work authorization regulations. 

Any questions concerning strictly immigration matters, such as appropriate visa status, processing of immigration (as opposed to taxation) paperwork, changes of immigration status, etc., should be directed to the appropriate campus international office.

Any questions about taxation issues related to payments for international individuals should be directed to the appropriate international tax specialist. 

Last updated: 2017

Download this document below