New pay codes released for employee COVID-19 leave
Effective April 1, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) has entitled those who are unable to work or telework due to COVID-19-related reasons identified by the FFCRA. To help campuses track this leave, Employee Services has created four additional pay codes:
- FQH (Quarantine Hourly Partial Pay)
- FQS (Quarantine Salary Partial Pay)
- FCH (Care-Related Hourly Partial Pay)
- FCS (Care-Related Salary Partial Pay)
Under the act, an employee is qualified for paid leave if they are unable to work (or telework) for one of the reasons provided below. These codes are to be used for employees who cannot work or telework for the following reasons:
- Is subject to a federal, state or local quarantine
- Has been identified by a health care worker to self-quarantine related to COVID-19
- Is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis
- Is caring for an individual subject to a quarantine order
- Is caring for a child whose school or day care is closed for reasons related to COVID-19
- Is experiencing any other substantially-similar condition specified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services
Employees who are unable to work/telework for any reason related to the COVID-19 stay-at-home order, and not illness or child care needs, will receive administrative leave and can be tracked with these two codes: ACP (Administrative COVID Pay) and CHP (Administrative COVID Hourly Pay).
For COVID-19 pay for students on Work Study, please consult your campus HR or Student Employment Office guidelines. Please refer to your campus’ guidance prior to using these codes.
Review the HCM Community website for additional information using these codes in processing and pay as well as campus specific instructions.