Prepare for reviews and evaluations: Staff performance cycle ends Jan. 31
It's almost time to give performance reviews. The university staff performance cycle ended on Dec. 31 for CU Denver and CU Anschutz, and ends on Jan. 31 for CU System, UCCS and CU Boulder. All university staff should be reviewed in February and evaluations must be submitted to your campus Human Resources department by March 1.
Remember, merit increases still take effect on July 1, despite the earlier review period.
Upcoming deadlines for university and classified staff
Deadlines for university and classified staff are different. Review the timelines for each below.
University staff review cycle
- March 1: Your campus HR office must receive all performance evaluations. In March, all supervisors should set goals for the next review period with each employee.
Classified staff review cycle
- April 1: The performance cycle begins. All classified staff must be evaluated in April.
- May 1: All evaluations must be turned in to your campus HR office. In May, meet with each classified staff employee to discuss goals for the year.
- June 1: Submit a copy of the front page of the performance plan to your campus HR office.
Performance management resources for supervisors and employees
Resources to increase your (and your employees’) performance management skills are available on Skillsoft and Lynda.com. Use the following guide to get started.
Follow these steps to access these resources on Skillsoft and Lynda.com:
- Log into your campus portal and click on the NavBar.
- Select CU Resources and Training.
- Choose Start SkillSoft or Lynda.com. The systems will open in separate tabs.
- Click on the resource above you would like to use and follow the prompts.