The eComm team is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, yet we remain committed to serving our users and ensuring success for both ongoing communications and event management. We encourage you to contact your eComm specialist if you require assistance. You can also take advantage of numerous online resources in the eComm wiki or submit a help ticket if you have a specific request.
MEC Weekly Digest | September 6, 2019
Classic Content Migration
- Issue: Marketing Cloud will be sunsetting support of Classic Content in 2020.
- Impact: Users in business units who have existing content in Classic Content will no longer receive support from Marketing Cloud in 2020.
- Solution: Content from Classic Content should be migrated to Content Builder using the instructions.
- MEC Action Required by 9/11: MECs should assess if they can migrate Classic Content to Content Builder by September 30, and inform Jen Mortensen of their decision by September 11. MECs completing the migration process can following the migration instructions in the eComm wiki using the list of business units with content in Classic Content.
- Once the migration is complete, the System eComm team will send an announcement to Marketing Cloud users. You can view a draft of the message in Chatter by searching for "Update on Classic Content Sunset - Possible Change of Plans."
Reminder: September In-Person Meeting
- Reminder: Our in-person MEC meeting for September will be held on Thursday, September 19 from 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in the first floor conference room at 1800 Grant Street.
- Discussion will likely center around the license object, the provisioning process, and training. We hope to see you there.
Update: Cvent Flex
- Group Members: Mel, Tom, Lauren, Amber, Jason, Andy, Kayla
- Current Status: Group members are finalizing their first Flex event. Once complete, these events will be converted to templates to be rolled out at each campus.
- Next Steps: As soon as the event(s) have been converted to a template - ensuring brand and accessibility standards, among other things - we will reach out to your campus team to discuss a training schedule and communication plan that works for your users.
- Update: The System office has tentatively scheduled Flex training for Nov.