Marshall Fire: We know that many of our students, faculty and staff have been affected by the Marshall Fire, and the University of Colorado will do everything we can to provide support. Please visit your campus page for immediate resources.
Schedule an appointment with an International Tax specialist
All new international CU employees are required to meet with an international tax specialist to identify their tax status, complete proper tax forms, facilitate any available tax treaty benefits and clarify any tax filing responsibilities.
To prepare for your meeting:
- Bring your passport, I-94 and immigration documents. A Social Security Number (SSN) is not required.
- Plan to review your entire history of presence in the U.S.
Guides and resources
- International Tax Guide: New Hire Guide
- International Tax Guide: Nonresident Alien (NRA) for U.S. Tax Purposes
- International Tax Guide: Resident Alien (RA) for U.S. Tax Purposes
- International Tax Guide: Tax Information for International Scholarship and Fellowship (Stipend) Recipients
- Social Security Number Verification and Use
- W-8 Forms for Non-U.S. Individuals and Entitites
Coming soon: Request an access code for Sprintax
To assist with U.S. tax filing obligations, nonresident alien students and employees who are sponsored by CU can use Sprintax software. This online tool can help you navigate the U.S.’s complex system and helps ensure all tax information and requirements are correct for an accurate federal tax return. Licences will be available soon.
Federal tax resources
Colorado tax resources