We do this by introducing employees to CU, helping employees during work-life challenges, addressing specific employee needs, and creating a safe and harmonious workplace. All of these goals are important, so let’s take a closer look at each one.
Let’s Cover the Basics
- Working at CU System: Learn about some of the basics about our offices.
- Student employment: Your academic success is our priority. See how we support that aim and learn how to get started.
- Verify your employment: Need proof that you’re a CU employee? Find out how.
- Time off: See our time off page to learn about holidays, vacation and sick leave.
- Jury duty: Did you get a summons? Let’s outline the basics on jury duty.
- Weather closures: Rain or shine, learn about the decision process for closings and delays and how you’ll be notified.
- Performance reviews: Annuals reviews are your opportunity to create a plan for your career goals. See the relevant deadlines.
- Leaving CU: Moving on to a new opportunity? Don’t forget these important considerations.
Work/Life Challenges: Managing the Balancing Act
- Flexible Work Arrangement: Looking for a flexible work arrangement? We’re here to support your needs. Start here.
- Family Medical Leave: If a major life event requires extended time off, family medical leave can help.
- Workers’ Compensation: If you’re injured at work, there are resources available to you.
- Employee Assistance Programs: As a CU employee, we have resources for your work life and your personal life. See what's available.
- Parental Leave for System Administration: Spend time with your growing family. CU offers eligible employees guaranteed paid parental leave.
Resources for your Needs: Something for Everyone
- ADA Compliance: You need access or accommodations at work because of a disability or special situation, we'll to work with you to meet your needs.
- Lactation Rooms: We understand new mothers need a little privacy. That’s why this list of lactation rooms on each campus should come in handy.
- LGBTQ Resources: We support LGBTQ employees with a variety of resources.
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program: You may qualify for this program that forgives student debt for public sector employees after 120 payments.
Discrimination, Harassment & Conflict: Keeping Your Workplace Safe and Harmonious
Safe, fair, conflict-free workplaces are essential for everyone’s success. Creating and maintaining harmony requires well-defined policies that have complete compliance on every campus in our system.
- Need help? Just ask: If you need to talk to CU System Human Resources, we're here for you.
- Conflict of Interest: We hold our employees to a high standard. Be sure to review our Conflict of Interest and Nepotism in Personal Matters procedures and learn how to report violations.
- Sexual Misconduct: We’re committed to creating a safe, open environment for our employees. Read CU’s Sexual Misconduct policies and procedures.
- Ombuds Resources: Address sensitive workplace struggles in a confidential, neutral place at the Ombuds office.