Moving Expense Procedures and Resources


All employee moving expenses paid by CU are taxable to the employee. Please consult your department for requirements for documentation,  process and earnings code(s).  

Please use the spreadsheets below to document and report house-hunting taxable expenses, moving reimbursements, lump sum moving allowances and pre-paid moving expenses through purchase orders and P-Cards.

For additional assistance, contact your payroll liaison or campus HR office.

NEW PROCESS as of 10/1/2018:  If any expenses were pre-paid (purchase orders, P-cards) please submit the Moving Expense Worksheets to Employee Services after entering the MVA in CU Time.  See the step-by-steps below for details and contact Employee Services with any questions.

Last updated: 01/18/2020

Download this form below