Holiday Travel Interruption Considerations
Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) is increasing staff during business hours and afterhours to prepare for the anticipated travel interruptions expected due to the impending “bomb cyclone." CBT will service customers as efficiently as possible, but here are a few tips for you to consider:
- Make sure you arrive extra early at the airport for check-in or longer wait times through security. Be sure to also allow ample time for your commute to the airport.
- Make sure your cell phone number is listed in your Concur Traveler Profile and in your airline frequent flyer account profile. This is the ONLY way the airlines and CBT Agents can get ahold of travelers regarding their flights.
- If you will be traveling during potential storms, please be sure to include your department in any travel decisions that could incur additional travel-related costs (such as delays resulting in extending the trip) to ensure approval for reimbursement.
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed, you can contact a CBT Agent for assistance.
- If you booked your flight in Concur Travel, make updates or changes in Concur if possible. This will assist in minimizing the hold times for travelers that must contact a CBT Agent by phone.
- If you must contact a CBT agent, please be patient as you may experience long hold times due to call volume resulting from the impact of the storm.
- If you find yourself stranded at the airport, you can work directly with the airline. In most cases the airline will waive add/collect fees, put you on a different airline, or provide exceptions under weather-related waivers. If you find yourself in a situation where additional funds need to be collected for a flight change, you can use your CU Travel Card for these additional charges.