Most supplier relationships are established within the departments on the four CU campuses. To be an established supplier, you must be invited by a CU department.
CU Supplier Portal
The CU Supplier Portal is available through the University's eProcurement system, CU Marketplace. As an external supplier, register in the CU Supplier Portal to do the following:
- Register online to become a supplier with CU (this is done by invite only).
- Manage supplier information, such as addresses, contacts, and diversity classification
- View and respond to University solicitations on CU's BidNet Website.
- View invoice status online. (This access replaces the need to contact the University for invoice status information.)
If a department wishes to issue you an Honorarium, you will receive an invitation to register as an Individual supplier in the CU Marketplace. Individual suppliers are a condensed registration that is not required to provide as much information as a Company or an Independent Contractor that receives a Purchase Order. Follow the registration steps noted here (Individual Registration Knowledge Article) and in the video below:
Companies/Organizations and Independent Contractors
If your company/organization is working with a CU department, or you are working under a Scope of Work, you will need to complete a Company/Independent Contractor registration. This registration collects more information, such as what types of goods/services you will be providing the University, Small Business designations, and more. Follow the registration steps noted here (Company/Independent Contractor Knowledge Article) and in the video below:
Documents Necessary for Supplier Registration
United States Individuals and Organizations
Please note that individuals doing business as an Individual/Sole Proprietor or Single-Member LLC are required to do business under their Social Security Number and will register using their legal name
W-9 (US entity)
Non-US Individuals and Organizations
For additional guidance on international tax, contact the International Tax team
W-8BEN (Foreign Individual)
W-8BEN-E (Foreign Entity)
Small and Diverse Business Certifications
Certifications (Information from the Office of Economic Development and International Trade)
- Investigating Invoice Payment Status
- Submitting Purchase Order Invoices in the CU Marketplace Portal
- Registering as a Supplier - Companies/Independent Contractors
- Registering as a Supplier - Individuals