The University of Colorado is closely monitoring the situation in Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank as it affects University travel. Many airlines have already cancelled or suspended flights, and traveler advisories are changing regularly. For the most up-to-date information on worldwide travel advisories and how those impact any University business travel planning, please refer to the US Department of State Travel Advisories page.
CU travelers are also encouraged to utilize ISOS Membership Services (enter CU’s Membership No. 11BCAS000006 to log in) as an additional resource. To receive updated notifications dependent on your travel destination, download the ISOS mobile app. Note: All travel booked through Concur/CBT is automatically registered with ISOS.
December 2023 Critical Dates
With the rapid approach of the end of the calendar year and all four campuses and the System office being closed December 25th through January 1st, we wanted to provide critical dates that will impact the ability for your requisitions and payments to be completed before the end of the calendar year.
Requisitions – Submit by Thursday, November 30, 2023
The PSC recommends that departments submit requisitions in CU Marketplace by November 30th to ensure a completion date by December 22nd. This date assumes that no contract is required for the requisition to be processed, that all necessary information is attached to the requisition, and that all departmental approvals have been obtained. For any emergency procurement (i.e., where there is a risk of service interruption or work stoppage) in December, please work with your PSC contact to determine if alternative solutions are required.
Due to unpredictable variables, contracts can take a significant amount of time to negotiate and execute. As we approach the final month of the calendar year, please be mindful of any expiring contracts or supplier discounts associated with year-end dates and submit your contracts as soon as possible to allow negotiations to be completed within your anticipated timeframes. Completion cannot be guaranteed for all contracts due to specific circumstances with each request.
For payments that must be processed by December 22nd, please see the deadlines below.
- Supplier Invoices in Marketplace and Paper Forms - Friday, December 8, 2023
For Supplier Invoices in Marketplace, this is the last day to submit to APInvoice@cu.edu for processing by December 22nd. The PO/SPO# must be noted on the invoice. As usual, supplier payment terms apply. For Paper Forms (Payment Authorization, Study Subject Payment, Non-Employee Reimbursement-International), this is the last day to submit to APInvoice@cu.edu. All required documentation/signatures must be provided.
- Payment Vouchers in Marketplace and Expense Reports in Concur -Friday, December 8, 2023
- Payment Vouchers - last day to provide campus approval in Marketplace. All required documentation/signatures must be included (e.g., fully approved SOW form, invoice, other required documentation). PVs must be ready for processing by the PSC. This means PVs will be in the AP Final Review workflow step in the Marketplace.
- For employee and non-employee reimbursement reports, this is the last day to provide campus approval. For employees: Assign Travel Card expenses to expense reports, identify out-of-pocket expenses, process cash advances, and attach all required documentation. The employee requesting reimbursement must submit the report in Concur.
Miscellaneous Requests – Submit by Friday, December 15, 2023
- Cancel Checks – This is the last day to submit to APInvoice@cu.edu.
- Procurement/Travel Card Applications – last day to submit to Procurement.Card@cu.edu. Requests submitted through Concur should be fully approved by departments by this date.
- Approving Official Requests/Changes - last day to submit to Procurement.Card@cu.edu. Requests submitted through Concur should be fully approved by departments by this date.
- Cardholder Updates - last day to submit to Procurement.Card@cu.edu. Requests submitted through Concur should be fully approved by departments by this date.
- Change Orders - last day to submit to Change.Order@cu.edu. The PSC will do its best to complete change order requests received by this date but cannot guarantee that they will be executed by either CU or the supplier prior to close of business on December 22.